While working with easyJet, one of my main objectives was to align Android with iOS UI, as there were many inconsistencies between both platforms. The first step was to gather all screens by printing them off in groups and sticking them on the wall, which made it easier to spot errors and style bugs. Gradually a new pattern library began to emerge, which streamlined things like font hierarchy, spacing, colours and button styling.
The next step was to go through this new pattern library with our team of developers, and mark up how much work would be involved in updating both apps. We decided to update the pages with the most traffic first, in each release.
The resulting UI was still true to the distinctive easyJet brand. A flatter UI emerged once colours, outlines and shadows were aligned. Although the colours remained the same, we cleaned up how and when they were used. The information displayed had a very clear hierarchy, making important content easier to digest. These styling updates were received very well from both the client and the lovely customers!